10.30.2012

"Bruges"ing through Haarlem

Waffles. Waffles, waffles, waffles, waffles. SO STINKING GOOD!!! Chocolate and caramel… YES PLEASE.
The main reason we went to Bruges was to visit European Parliament building in Brussels… not really my thing, but I guess it was neat?

I think the best part of the whole stay besides the waffles… was the bed.

You have to understand we move around A LOT and are exposed to many different hotels and hostels so I appreciate a good one. I roomed with Michelle, Corinne, and Angela, but Angela and I shared a bedroom (yes, it was big enough to have two separate bedrooms… we could run in the hotel room. We were ecstatic) and we would dream about our bed during the day.

Bruges was a quaint and beautiful town.


After Bruges, we headed over to Haarlem, The Netherlands. It is about a 15-minute train ride outside of Amsterdam, but it is a nicer neighborhood.

It is full of canals and a group of about 20 of us girls went on a bike ride, which was a blast.

My favorite thing that we did was go to the Anne Frank house. I remember learning all about Anne growing up so this was a life long goal I had. You can’t even imagine what the house is like until you go there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment