1.26.2012

Bear, Beaches, and Buns (the hair kind)

Best friends. Esther + Bear.
Esther and I have one of the funniest friendships. We are complete polar opposites
(she is a tan, blonde, surfer. I am a white, brunette, artsy fartsy girl)
YET we get along SO WELL. I guess opposites attract right?


This one is for my dear friend Whitney! It's her typical 'Toddlers in Tiaras' face.
She is abroad in what I call Thanksgiving land... aka Istanbul, Turkey.
I miss her too much, but the occasional iChat will have to suffice.

Shoes: Anthropologie, Skirt: Anthropologie, Sweater: Thrifted, Belt: H&M 
Ok, so I know what you are thinking... 'style on the college dime' and Anthropologie don't go together.

I know this. Trust me. I worked there this summer and became a slight shopaholic... So what I have yet to explain is that this blog is not about how I am super good at saving money, because trust me... if I see anything striped, it's in my possession within the next 3 seconds.

It's more about learning how practice the art of 'pinching pennies.'

So it's a learning process. You get me? Work with me here.

Anyways... Esther and I took Bear on a walk along the beach this afternoon. I love me some time with Esther. She is such a giggly friend. I always leave my time with her in a joyful mood. And I forgot to mention that she is married.. so fellas, back off (not that any men read this except maybe my dad). She is an incredibly Godly wife to her husband Isaac. What an example I have to look up to in her.

OH! A little bit of exciting news... I just turned in my first deposit for my semester abroad next fall in EUROPE!!! Can you say Prague, Berlin, Salzburg, Zurich, Geneva, Paris, Normandy, Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Rome, Florence, Avignon, Bilbao, Madrid, Granada, Seville and Lisbon!!! WAHOOO! I CAN!

Oh man. Can't wait. It's gonna be shall I say ehrfürchtige, impresionnant, impressionante, ontzagwekkend, incrível, and awesome! (looks like I have some work to do!)

1 comment:

  1. EUROPE, sounds incredible. Better start saving for some good European shopping!

    ReplyDelete