4.09.2012

The Celebration of our Risen Lord

WARNING: 
There are a lot of pictures of this year's Easter celebration, 
but deal with it. I love my family.
Cinnamon roll tradition!
Well, where did they go?
My prizes

Oh, hey, I'm pretty.
Abbie + Will
THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!
And they are sexy and the know it (we pig out! hahaha)
Abbie + Tori
Cutest picture award....
Noel + Sophie
Sk8 or die
THE HUNT OF ALL HUNTS!!!
So when we were little, we used to have an Easter egg hunt with all 22 of us cousins... oh wait, we still have it. The group changes every year with friends, husbands, boyfriends, or whoever joining in the fun, but it is always a good time. 

The rules:
1. You must find ___ (changes every year) number of eggs before you can look for the golden egg
2. Find the golden egg
3. Be creative
4. Tear the house apart
5. Really, there are no rules

Let's just say... it gets crazy.

Oh and I found the silver egg... the money inside has no significance (yah, I like having an extra 10 bucks, but it's the pride of finding it and making it onto the short list of winners considering Adam wins almost every year)
Pretty Olivia.
WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!
Annie girl.
So I dig through trash... I am not crazy, trust me.
Cute Noel
I don't know... where are they?
IN THE PRINTER!!! I found it!!! (Just a little excited)
Abbie was the big winner!
We be rollin in the dough
Auntie Jimi Sue + Mama
My aunt made a silly joke and put the prize coupons in the grave where Jesus rose from and said, "because He is our biggest prize." And although she said it in a silly tone, there was a lot of truth to what she said. You know, the eggs and the candy, it's great, but we owed a debt we could not pay, and Jesus paid a debt He did not owe. I am pretty sure we won the grand prize with that one.

I am really blessed with the life and family that I have and I am realizing that more and more every day.

“He is not here. He has risen just as He said.” Matthew 28:8

4 comments:

  1. You really captured the fun and blessing!! I love my family too and YOU are such an amazing and creative part! ...such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I can't wait to meet your family! You guys looks like a bunch of fun. I am photographing Abigail's wedding. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a crazy bunch! My mother and Jimi Sue together are quite the handful haha

      Can't wait to meet you Carri!!!

      Delete