4.06.2012

Restaurant Recommendation: Cucina Urbana

Cucina Urbana... Mmmmmm, just the name puts my salivary glands to work. This is my family's FAVORITE restaurant. Of course my dad has been so many times that he is friends with everyone who works there haha. It is Italian food with a modern flare. I go here EVERY time I get home and I never tire of it. You should check it out. 

MUST HAVES on the menu:
Gnudi: sage brown butter + parmigiano + amaretti
Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza: caramelized onion + candied pecan + arugula + aged balsamic
Risotto Carbonara: pancetta + pea + black pepper + hen egg 
Brussel Sprouts: burnt brussels sprouts + ivan’s hot sauce 
Cheese board with Bleu Cheese, Truffle Cheese, Honey, and whatever else, but those are must haves.
***Fregolata: blueberry + crème fraîche gelato + meyer lemon coulis + toasted almond (not even an option. You HAVE to get this. It is usually with strawberry, pistachio ice cream, meyer lemon coulis and pistachios, but blueberry is great)
Boudino:  chocolate chantilly + salted chocolate cookie

Gosh just get everything.
The Big V.
Ippolito women.
The atmosphere is awesome!
Gnudi and Risotto Carbonara
Our first time getting the meatball... I mean, let's be real. It rocked.
Fregolata... aka my addiction
It is usually with strawberries, but the blueberries were fantastic as well
This picture and the one above were taken within 1 minute of each other.
We LOVE fregolata.
Go to Cucinia. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment