3.25.2012

Lemon Chicken Garlic Pasta

Oh, hey there.

Long time no talk!

I have been pretty busy this past week and my life is NOT slowing down any time soon. 

Kelly (my roommate) and I had a little date night last night and made a SUPER yummy light pasta that I got HERE so I figured I would share the recipe with yalls. It is such an easy recipe and can be measured completely to taste. For instance, the recipe calls for a half a lemon, but I LOVE lemon so I put a whole one in. Really play around with it. Maybe add a vegetable or something in there next time (Ooooo asparagus would be SO tasty in this pasta!)

INGREDIENTS
4 oz dry spaghetti (we used fettuccine, but any stringy pasta would work)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 lemon
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded
Chicken (You can make chicken breasts and put it in, but I just bought one of those pre-cooked chickens from VONS. They are pretty tasty!)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Boil the water
2. As the water is boiling, cook the garlic in the olive oil until the edges are slightly browned then immediately remove from the heat and stir in the chicken
3. As the pasta is cooking, cut up your basil and if you are making garlic bread... be sure to prep that now!
4. Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the pan with the garlic.
5. Squeeze on that lemon, add the Parmesan, stir, and top with basil
6. Enjoy it because it is sooooooo good and you won't be able to stop!
Best smell on the planet right here.
I could eat garlic bread every day for the rest of my life.
How easy is this! Just throw it all into one pan and....
VOILA! So stinkin' yummy. I want some more right now.
I can't wait for my wonderful family to come into town this weekend!!! Hopefully I will have some great pictures of the show and of my family time!

Oh, also, this is my little sister Tori (she is taken and way too young for any of you). She is currently in "The Music Man" but due to distance and timing I cannot make it down to see my sweet sister tear up that stage.

So, Tor-stor-bit-a-bor, I am so proud of you and wish I could see it, but I know you are ROCKIN' that stage! LOVE YOU! Pew Pew!

No comments:

Post a Comment