2.07.2012

Comfort food Ippolito Style: Special K Chicken

Today was a FANTASTIC day.

A few reasons why:
1. It rained (always a good sign in my eyes).
2. I took a massive nap.
3. I finally cleaned my room which took a load off my back (yes mom, I did just say that).
4. My favorite pair of earrings that grew legs and walked away from me about a month ago suddenly decided to catch a plane ride back and skydive into my lap (seriously, I was cleaning up and they just fell on me...)
5. I got to hang out with AnnaHelen and make some comfort food for her and her dad.. AND here's the recipe so you can enjoy one of my favorite meals!

INGREDIENTS
BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS OR TENDERS
SPECIAL K CEREAL, CRUSHED
FLOUR
EGGS
LEMON PEPPER
BUTTER, BUTTER, BITTER, AND MORE BUTTER

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ONE TO USE SUPER PRECISE MEASUREMENTS WHEN IT COMES TO RECIPES THAT CAN BE MADE A LITTLE MORE TO TASTE.
BUT FOR THE SAKE OF SHARING THIS RECIPE, I AM GOING TO TRY.

INSTRUCTIONS
1.     MAKE THE DRY MIXTURE BY MIXING A RATIO OF 1 PART FLOUR TO 2 PARTS SPECIAL K CEREAL
2.     CRUSH THE CEREAL AND THEN ADD LEMON PEPPER TO TASTE
3.     FOR EXAMPLE, 11-12 STRIPS OF CHICKEN… 3 BREASTS… USE ABOUT 1 CUP FLOUR AND 2 CUPS SPECIAL K CEREAL
4.     DIP THE CHICKEN IN EGG
5.     COAT IN THE DRY MIXTURE
6.    MELT ABOUT A HALF A STICK OF BUTTER IN A PAN AT MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT
7.     ONCE MELTED DOWN, ADD A FEW OF THE COATED STRIPS CHICKEN TO THE PAN BUT DON’T CROWD THE PAN AND COOK 3-5 MINUTES PER SIDE OR UNTIL COOKED ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND A GOLDEN BROWN CRUST HAS FORMED
8.    ENJOY

I SUGGEST SERVING THIS WITH GREEN BEANS AND MASHED POTATOES

Chicken tenders work the best, but if you dont have
tenders then just cut some chicken breasts into strips.
Coat the chicken in egg.
Then dip into the dry ingredient mixture.
Mmmm!
I didn't say it was healthy, so melt down that butter!
Add the chicken to the pan and cook on each side for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown
Okay, THAT looks yummy! Don't let the darker parts fool you for a bad burnt piece.
Those are the coveted pieces at the Ippolito dinner table!

No comments:

Post a Comment