2.02.2012

Peanut Butter + Chocolate... clouds from heaven

When I say that these homemade peanut butter cups are dangerous I am not talking about the kind of dangerous like they hurt when you throw them at people. I am talking about the "don't leave me in a room alone with them because I can and WILL eat 20" kind of dangerous. I am talking about the "I made these over a year ago, but my roommate went to the store to get the ingredients so I could make them for her because she has not stopped thinking about them since LAST YEAR" kind of dangerous.

That being said, here is the recipe (that I got from here) so you too can find reasons to justify eating these at every hour of the day... which I don't do... or at least not when people are looking.

INGREDIENTS
1 16 oz JAR LAURA SCUDDERS OLD FASHIONED PEANUT BUTTER, SMOOTH
1 2-POUND BAG CHOCOLATE CHIPS, MILK OR DARK… I USED HALF MILK and HALF DARK
1 ½ CUP POWDERED SUGAR
2 TBSP BUTTER, SOFTENED
COOKING SPRAY
MINI CUPCAKE PAPERS

INSTRUCTIONS
1.     MIX TOGETHER PEANUT BUTTER AND POWDERED SUGAR
2.    MIX IN BUTTER
3.    MELT THE CHOCOLATE WITH A DOUBLE BOILER
4.    ARRANGE CUPCAKE PAPERS ONTO A BAKING SHEET and LIGHTLY MIST WITH COOKING SPRAY
5.    SPOON MELTED CHOCOLATE INTO CUPCAKE PAPERS, COATING BOTTOMS and SIDES COMPLETELY
6.   ONCE ALL PAPERS ARE COATED, PLACE TRAY IN THE REFRIGERATOR TO COOKL FOR ABOUT 5-10 MIN
7.    PIPE OR SPOON PEANUT BUTTER MIXTURE INTO THE COOLED CHOCOLATE CUPS
8.    SPOON REMAINING CHOCOLATE OVER TOP THE PEANUT BUTTER and PLACE THE TRAY BACK IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR ANOTHER 30 MINUTES
9.   ENJOY, BUT BE CAREFUL, THESE ARE ADDICTING and YOU WILL EAT THEM ALL
Step 1
Step 3... we didn't have a double boiler so we made one out of a pot and a metal bowl.
Step 4
Step 5
Step 7 + Step 8

Step 8
Enjoy!
But be careful!
Seriously, be careful.
AnnaHelen + Kelly + Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment