2.28.2012

Content.

I am so happy with where I am at right now.

I have come to realize that more and more over these past few weeks.

Yes, I am busy beyond what my availability grants me. I am drowning in school work (a lot of which I am not particularly interested in). I get overwhelmed with what I have to do VERY often. I miss my family... a lot. And I don't get to cook (may seem like a blessing to some, but man oh man is that a rough one for me).

BUT

I am breathing. Yah, so I had a rough cold this last week, but for the most part, I am pretty healthy. I have incredible friends. I have an INCREDIBLE family. And above all, I have God.

So cheesy, I know. But seriously, this season of being single that God is bringing me through is making me appreciate the things have so much more than focusing on the things I don't have.  I am learning to be beyond thankful in even the smallest of things. Yah, it's hard at times to not have someone to be able to call whenever or who is constantly taking care of me and sweeping me off my feet, wooing me if you will.

BUT

HELLO, prayer is powerful and is much more exciting then seeing that special someone's name pop up on your phone. Let's be real, when you pray, you are talking to GOD... He's kind of a big deal.

AND

HELLO, He is constantly taking care of us. I don't even feel like explanation is needed for this, but in even the smallest of things, He is looking out for us.

AND

HELLO, have you ever seen a sunset? I mean, receiving a painting or something from someone is great and all, but have you ever thought about how God just paints the sky for you every night? I mean... woah. The God Almighty, the Creator of the Universe, He had me in mind when he painted that sky. Talk about being swept off your feet!

I guess what I am trying to say is, I am learning to find the joy in where I am at right now. To be content even when the rest of the world says I shouldn't be or my heart tells me I am not. I want to be able to turn to those around me and say "I don't need you, but by the grace of God, I get to spend my life with you." I am learning to keep my dependence on God pure and focused and to know that I don't NEED anyone; not my family, not my friends, not my future husband. 


Who I NEED is God.



God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment